Heating and cooling your home accounts for approximately 50% of your energy costs. New, high-efficiency models are engineered to save energy, which means you save money month after month on utility bills. Now you can save even more with Xcel Energy rebates.
Home energy systems that run efficiently are good for you and good for the environment. If cost has been stopping you from replacing an old furnace, air conditioner or water heater, you’re in luck! Xcel Energy rebates make purchasing new, energy-efficient equipment more affordable.
Your HVAC professional can help you evaluate your potential cost savings (rebates plus energy savings) to determine whether a new furnace, air conditioner or water heater makes sense.
What rebates are available?
Xcel Energy is helping homeowners make the switch by offering rebates for the three main energy systems in your home:
- Air Conditioner rebates. Save up to $1,150 on a high-efficiency cooling system.
- Furnace rebates. Save up to $400 on a high-efficiency furnace.
- Water heater rebates. Save up to $450 on a new water heater.
What are the requirements?
- Only certain manufacturers and equipment are eligible for the rebate. (Contact ABE Heating and Cooling for more information).
- The installation property must be located in Colorado and receive residential electric service from Xcel Energy.
- Rebates are only given if installed by contractors who are registered participants in Xcel Energy’s cooling program, such as ABE Heating and Cooling).
How do I apply for a rebate?
- Start with a home energy assessment by ABE Heating and Cooling to determine if upgrading to higher efficiency equipment is right for you.
- Purchase the equipment and have it installed.
- Once installed, ABE Heating and Cooling will provide a rebate application.
- Complete and mail the application to Xcel Energy by the deadline, which is currently July 31, 2017 to Xcel Energy.
- Your rebate check will arrive in approximately six weeks.
Consider the age, condition, performance and repair costs for your current equipment when determining if it is time to replace one or more of your systems. ABE Heating and Cooling offers expert advice and service.