Technology is impacting nearly every area of our lives and the HVAC industry is no exception. Your thermostat is a vital part of your home’s HVAC system. Now, today’s smart tech allows you to control your home’s heating and cooling from essentially anywhere in the world via a smartphone, tablet or computer. Perhaps more importantly, Wi-Fi smart thermostats have raised the stakes considerably on energy efficiency, cost savings and convenience, all while maintaining comfort in your home. Read on to learn how the furnace and air conditioner in your home can work much better with the Honeywell Prestige IAQ Thermostat.
What is a Wi-Fi smart thermostat and how is it better than other thermostats?
Programmable thermostats have been around for awhile, adding convenience to managing the temperature in your home for different situations and times of the day. Wi-Fi adds another level of convenience by connecting wirelessly and allowing control from anywhere in the world via the internet. This means, for example, in an emergency, you can adjust the settings from wherever you are via smartphone, computer or tablet using an internet connection or the convenient app (for phone or tablet). Let’s say you are traveling and temperature at home drops unexpectedly below zero. You can easily raise the temperature in your home to prevent your pipes from freezing, without interrupting your beach time.
Introducing Honeywell’s Wi-Fi Smart thermostats
While smart thermostats are a big improvement over the old manual units, Honeywell’s Wi-Fi Smart thermostats are a big improvement over programmable thermostats from the past few years. Here are some of the features and benefits Honeywell offers:
- Simple setup makes controlling your thermostat with the touchpad or your device hassle-free.
- Seven-day programming allows you to adjust the temperature in your home to fit your lifestyle, every day of the week.
- Energy-saving mode keeps the comfort level high when you are at home while saving money and energy when you are away.
- Large color touch screen eliminates complicated buttons for ease of use.
- Smart, flexible scheduling makes it easy to set or change your preferences.
- Advanced fan/comfort control allows fine-tuning beyond temperature adjustments.
- Indoor humidity sensor monitors humidity for maximum comfort.
- Total Connect Comfort Voice Command feature makes controlling your thermostat even easier.
- Remote thermostat provides convenient access even when you are away.
- Customizable screen color is easy to read and blends seamlessly with your decor.
- Auto alerts remind you of maintenance tasks (such as changing the filter), and system information.
- Smart response learns your preferences over time for even greater comfort and convenience.
- ENERGY STAR certification gives you peace of mind that your thermostat is saving energy.
- DIY installation is fast, easy and saves you money.
- Easily integrates with other smart home devices.
- One-year limited warranty.